Uniogen visited three major U.S. events this summer
Three locations and three different events – with over 1000 exhibitors and more than 75 000 attendees. Those are the key numbers of our U.S. visits during summer 2023. Here are our takeaways.
June 15–19: ASM Microbe (American Association of Microbiology), Houston
The first event took place in Houston, Texas, where 189 exhibitors and 5000+ delegates attended a microbiology event hosted by ASM. The scientific content in ASM Microbe was diverse and a lot of interesting lectures were provided over the course of five days.
The scope of the event was very wide within microbiology, from soil bacteria to clinical diagnostics. ASM Microbe is a smaller event than ECCMID in Europe, though.
- Industry trend continues towards point-of-care testing
- Team searched for partners and initiated good business discussions for further development
- Attendees from Uniogen: Laura Kanto ja Tapani Elovirta
July 23–27: AACC (American Association of Clinical Chemistry), Anaheim
AACC is the biggest clinical diagnostics event in the world, with a new name from now on: ADLM (Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine). The July event united over 900 exhibitors and over 70 000 delegates around the globe and delivered a very strong and respected scientific program.
Many IVD companies were present, as well as distributors, developers and lateral flow manufacturers with POC readers.
- Uniogen representatives gained insights into the latest industry developments directly from the largest IVD market
- We promoted Uniogen Upcon® system with chemistry and instrumentation for high sensitivity applications and searched for new partners
- Attendees from Uniogen: Laura Joki, Veikko Wahlroos
August 21–23: Next Generation DX Summit, Washington
CHI’s (Cambridge Healthtech Institute) 15th annual Next Generation Dx Summit gathered some of the the key players and US stakeholders together to share recent progresses in diagnostic advancement, market environment and technology innovations.
- The event provided insight on how point-of-care, decentralized testing, infectious disease, liquid biopsy and companion diagnostics are changing the standard of care
- Attendee from Uniogen: Ilari Antila
Thank you for all the great discussions and memorable meetings during the events – and see you at MEDICA in November!